More About Chip Seal
* Chip seal is a pavement surface treatment that combines a layer(s) of asphalt with a layer(s) of fine aggregate.
In the United States, chip seals are typically used on rural roads carrying lower traffic volumes, and the
process is often referred to as "asphaltic surface treatment". used on a larger percentage of roads, both rural and urban.
* It is cheaper than resurfacing with asphalt paving ,In the United States, chip sealing is used in conjunction with
new road construction to make the road bed more durable and longer lasting.
* Chip seals are constructed by evenly distributing a thin base of hot asphalt onto an existing pavement or base and then embedding
finely graded aggregate into it.
* The aggregate is evenly distributed over the seal spray, then rolled into a smooth pavement surface.
* Chip Seal is cost effective for many large or small business,
private driveways , parking lot paving projects.